If you’re a small or mid-sized biz and you’re ringing your hands on whether getting a mobile app is going to be the right move for you, here’s a stat for thought: Internet traffic is shifting more and more towards mobile. For example, 60% of adults use mobile devices to find businesses and 20% of millennials are mobile-only.
The average millennial spends 18 hours a day consuming media – often multiple forms at once. These forms are completely different from those favored by prior generation. For example, the average millennial checks his or her smartphone 43 times and spends 5.4 hours on social media per day. They may still be watching sports and movies – but that only makes up 14 percent of media viewing.
Creating a mobile app is an effective and creative way to get more eyes on your business, remain relevant, build a community and ensure return clients.
Clearly, your target market is all on mobile. But you’re wondering why and how, exactly, your business can translate into mobile. Here are a few things to consider if you’re wondering whether a mobile app is for you:
1) You have the ability to reach your clients/customers 24/7. This is a no-brainer.
2) With the right build and attention to user experience, you can craft a memorable and productive mobile experience around your already established brand.
3) Depending on the actual mechanics of your app, your mobile business can focus on any one of these goals: enticing clients to shop multiple times, positioning yourself as an expert, or developing and nurturing a community around your brand.
4) Considering the reach and relevancy of mobile apps today, your build has the potential to reach a whole new set of clients who are, not either immediately engaged with, or aware of your brand.
5) Digital marketing anyone? Mobile apps provide an obvious and measurable benefit to your end user but its presence is a subtle ad for your business.
Those are your Why’s, right? Here are some ideas on How:
1) Engage your end users and keep them updated with push notifications
2) Create opportunities to provide incentive to purchase again and again through coupons, earn money through ads or in-app purchases. This way, you’re strategically using mobile apps to engage with customers and create another stream of income for your business.
3) Reward loyalty by allowing customers to collect their rewards via your mobile app. Cue more downloads and more return customers!
Ready to get started?
I work to draft and build your mobile app according to your goals and parameters. I listen to your needs and get a sense of your end users as well as your brand. We always draft the app together so you have 100% control of its direction, function, look and feel at every step. Given your business goals and my mobile expertise, we can work together to create a mobile app, and then schedule ongoing maintenance for a monthly flat rate.